New York City Permanent Makeup Studio and Training
Wake up beautiful and confident without makeup
💋Microblading, Ombre Powder Brows, Lip Blushing, Eyeliner, Lash Extensions
✍🏼All brow training (March 19-21)
1 on 1 training available
Mish Aesthetics – NYC
Owner and Permanent Makeup Educator
Her passion for makeup artistry and helping women has developed into a fulfilling career.
Mish is always learning new permanent makeup techniques and studying how to achieve the most natural looks. Mish’s work is important to her and she is committed to helping her clients look their best. She is committed to helping others start their career in permanent makeup and holds trainings at her studio monthly.
High Quality Pigment
Choosing the right pigment for each individual person is one of the more crucial aspects of microblading. We want to make sure we take your skin tone into consideration, as well as your natural hair color and/or dyed hair color. Using the best quality pigments will make a drastic impact on the color of the pigment through the healing process as well as the 1-2 years that the microblading results last.
Permanent Makeup vs. Tattoo
A difference between the two is permanent makeup uses pigment and tattooing uses ink. Ink has a base color of blue and green, so over the course of many years, the color will fade to blue and green. Pigment will fade to a lighter version of the original color.
Before the Procedure
Prior to beginning the procedure we go over paperwork and the design of your brows. I will discuss pigment color and a great shape brow for your bone structure. We take into consideration your ideal brow and combine that concept with your bone structure. The procedure won’t begin until the client and artist agree on the shape and design.
Is permanent make up permanent?
Microblading lasts anywhere from 12-24 months. Ombré brows and combination brows lasts 12-36 months. To get more time out of your brows limit sun exposure and skin brightening face wash. We highly recommend yearly touch-ups to keep the color fresh.
Are touch-ups required?
Typically microblading/ombré brows/combination brows are a two-step process that requires one touch-up 6-12 weeks after the initial procedure. For some women with very oily skin, a third touch-up is required. After that touch-ups for the brows and lips can be from 1-2 years.
Microblading is for men and women of all ages who have thinning eyebrows. Microblading is also for anyone who wants to change their look with full natural looking brows. Imagine having the ability to go to the beach or pool and not have to worry about whether your eyebrows will be washed away with the current.
Every person is different, and their skin is unique to who they are. The healing process can be different for everyone, but typically seven to ten days after your appointment you will go through a light peeling phase. This peeling phase is similar to a peel after a sunburn. The skin will shed and heal.
Each person has a different pain tolerance. We use a topical numbing cream that sits on your brows for 30 minutes prior to beginning, as well as a gel that can be applied after the skin has been opened. This ensures that the procedure is comfortable.
The microblading procedure typically lasts anywhere between 2-3 hours.
Please refrain from the following things throughout the healing process of your brows:
- Do not sweat profusely for at least ten days because it can cause the pigmentation to fade
- Do not play sports or any other strenuous activity that causes you to sweat
- Do not visit the swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, or Jacuzzi
- Avoid the tanning salon for 10 days after the procedure.
- Limit sun exposure
- Do not tan for at least ten days after the procedure
- Do not receive a laser treatment, facial peel, or a chemical treatment
- Do not apply creams an ointments, containing Retin-A or Glycolic, on your face and neck
- Do not pick, peel, or scratch your eyebrows because it can cause scarring and loss of pigment
- Try to avoid spicy food. This can cause you to sweat, which should be avoided.
- Prior to having your eyebrows microbladed, avoid drinking alcohol. After the procedure, limit alcohol use and smoking. This can prevent a smooth healing.
- For the first 72 hours treat your eyebrows as an open wound. Try not to touch them with your hands, instead use a cotton-tipped swab.
To make an appointment you need to ask yourself the following questions first:
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Have you been on Accutane in the last year?
- Have you received Botox in your forehead in the past month?
- Are you using retinoids?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, contact me to set up a consultation. If you did not find your question answered in our FAQs section, contact me and I will be happy to answer all your questions.